Buyer and Supply Chain Manager with Sportsman's Box
We are looking for a competent Buyer and Supply Chain Manager to select and purchase lines of products on behalf of our company. The role is very important since our business activities cannot begin without the necessary stock. The quality and variety of products on our shelves are essential for our success. Therefore, the ideal candidate must be a responsible individual with great attention to detail. As a retail buyer, you will also need to negotiate with suppliers to secure competitive prices. The goal is to ensure that the business will always have adequate stock that meets its requirements. That way we can deliver value to our customers through high-quality products and facilitate sustainable growth.
We take our work seriously because we are intentional on our mission.
If you’re looking for a career with a purpose in the hunting and fishing industry, keep reading.
What Winning in This Role Looks Like:
- Identify customer preferences and forecast consumer trends
- Evaluate supplier options according to prices, quality etc. and determine the best choices
- Discover and purchase new products and check the quality and popularity of those already on our shelves
- Negotiate terms of agreements to achieve the best deal for our company
- Identify process problems, suggest and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Ensure the timely delivery of products and compliance with the contracts of purchase
- Monitor stock levels and make plans for buying within budget
- Create reports on sales, budgets and customer satisfaction and adjust your strategies accordingly
- Forge and maintain trust relationships with suppliers to promote fair dealing
- Attend events, fairs and exhibitions to remain up-to-date with the market’s trends
Skills and Requirements:
- Proven experience as a retail buyer or relevant role
- Outstanding communication abilities
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrable aptitude in effective negotiating
- Up to speed with purchasing best practices
- Familiarity with market research, data analysis and forecasting techniques
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office; working knowledge of purchasing software and Google Drive
- High school diploma; BS/BA in business administration or relevant field will be considered a plus
And by the way, we’re not stuffy and corporate around here. We protect our culture and care about your work environment. We actually communicate and listens! Because of that, we offer perks and benefits such as . . .
- We have snacks : )
- Invites to join hunts and fishing trips
- Ongoing personal and professional development training opportunities
- Core values that promote work-life balance, excellence in the ordinary, and a self-employed mentality
- Working with a small group amazing people in a culture where we recognize each other’s wins and celebrate together often with monthly lunches and on-the-clock, fun activities, etc.
- Gear discounts for personal use
- It’s a calling, and we’re on a mission to improve the Sportsman’s Lifestyle.
- Starting pay hourly with bonuses.
Are you a good fit and ready to start a career in the hunting and fishing industry? Please email your Resume and Short Bio letting us know why you are a good fit as two separate Google Drive documents to email@example.com.