Outdoor Writer with Sportsman's Box
Our Outdoor Writers play a critical role being able to learn and educate our members about the how, why, when of the hunting and fishing lifestyle. If you're looking to be a part of an innovative team and building a career in the hunting and fishing industry, then you've found your calling!
We take our work seriously because we are intentional on our mission.
If you’re looking to start or grow your career with a purpose in the hunting and fishing industry, keep reading.
The individual selected will be engaged as independent consultant writing an average of 1 to 2 articles or pieces of writing per week and will be compensated based on experience and frequency of writing's.
What Winning in This Role Looks Like:
- Embrace and love the voice, values and vision of the Sportsman's Box
- Are an inspired writer, able to embrace the Sportsman's Box voice but also inhabit other people’s voices
- Proactively seek and hear storylines throughout the Sportsman's Box employee's, affiliates and members and be able to capture and present the information
- Be able to schedule and interview hunters and anglers to learn from and be able to relay the information to teach others via writing.
- Can edit text and visual content developed or submitted by other hunters and angler/authors
- Have organizational and multitasking superpowers
- Keep your cool and sense of humor under pressure
- Value mentorship and team work with staff and volunteers
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years journalistic/editorial/social media communications experience
- Passionate about the Sportsman's Box vision, mission and values
- Experienced but prepared to think outside the box
- Strong experience in developing, curating, and maintaining traditional media as well as website and social media content across a variety of platforms
- Familiarity with developing visual elements for posts, using written text and digital tools, including graphic design, photography, and videography approaches a plus
- Value and live out the hunting and fishing lifestyle
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and results-driven
- Familiarity with Sportsman’s Lifestyle
And by the way, we’re not stuffy and corporate around here. We protect our culture and care about your work environment. We actually communicate and listens! Because of that, we offer perks and benefits such as . . .
- We have snacks : )
- Invites to join hunts and fishing trips
- Ongoing personal and professional development training opportunities
- Core values that promote work-life balance, excellence in the ordinary, and a self-employed mentality
- Working with a small group of amazing people in a culture where we recognize each other’s wins and celebrate together often with monthly lunches and on-the-clock, fun activities, etc.
- Gear discounts for personal use
- It’s a calling, and we’re on a mission to improve the Sportsman’s Lifestyle.
Are you a good fit and ready to start a career in the hunting and fishing industry? Please email your Resume and Short Bio letting us know why you are a good fit as two separate Google Drive documents to Carlie@sportsmansbox.com.